Weekends Program (8 or 4 months program):
It’s your responsibility to obtain any missed material, through additional workshops with Savannah Yoga Center or private sessions scheduled with one of the program instructors. This make-up time is an extra financial responsibility of the student and is not included in your teacher training tuition. Attendance at the first two weekends and the last two weekends are mandatory and required to graduate.
Who will be my instructor?
Kelley Boyd, E-RYT 500 and founder of Savannah Yoga Center, is the director of our yoga teacher training programs. To foster diversity, our 200-hour course features several teachers, all of whom offer a unique perspective on the art of yoga. Learn more about Kelley, and meet the SYC teachers. Our excellent teacher training staff often includes:
- Kelley Boyd, E-RYT 500: Lotus Flow, sequencing, musicality, business of yoga, pranayama. As the founder of Savannah Yoga Center, Kelley’s mission is to make yoga creative, fun and your personal offering to the world
- Ann Carroll, ERYT 500: Yoga Philosophy, Pregnancy Yoga, Women’s Issues, Chakras, Meditation.
- Carol Morrissey, RN, 500 hr CYT, Anusara Certified: nutrition, anatomy and biomechanics
- David Keil: Ashtanga yoga, anatomy, bandhas and more: visit David's site
- Dragana Pavic-Zappia, Kundalini Yoga, Thai Yoga Therapy, Reiki.
- Lauren McDonald, Forrest Yoga Certified
- Jann Bowyer, Iyengar Certified Teacher
- Kathryn Budig, Certified Senior Yoga Teacher, Author, sequencing, advanced asana, general badass: visit Kathryn's site
- Katy Keyes, SYC certified, LMT, Ayurveda: anatomy and Yoga for Seniors and Yoga for Cancer Survivors
- Kevin Sharpe, Certified Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy, Ethics of Teaching Yoga, Author
All 200-hour yoga teacher training instructors are certified and hold over 10,000 hours of training, practice and apprenticeship. They’re also registered with Yoga Alliance as E-RYTs (Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher) at the 200- or 500-hour levels. Our teacher training faculty have made the deepest commitments to their practices, serving others and carrying on their yoga lineages.
How many people will be in class?
We accept a maximum of 26 students for the 8-month & 20 for the 4-month programs..
Will I have homework?
Yes, you will be assigned up to 11 books, and you’ll be asked to write various papers and turn in class evaluations. Expect to do about 30-40 hours of homework during the 200-hour course.
How much should I expect to pay for books and materials?
Your books should cost around $220. You can buy them from the Savannah Yoga Center, though you can always try your local library or buy them from your local mom-n-pop bookstore.